Who doesn’t love truffle?? This dish screams truffle! Shown in this picture is a truffle burger topped with carmelized onions and mushrooms on top. It is accompanied by a side a with a truffle dressing. If you’re not a truffle fan this can also be made with out all the truffle additives and it would still be delicious!
1 pound ground meat (when making burgers its best to not get the extra lean)
1 cup diced mushrooms (shiitake, portabella, baby bella)
1 onion diced
2 Tablespoons truffle oil
1 Tablespoon truffle salt
- Sautee onions and mushrooms for about five minutes, let the mixture cool
- Add truffle oil, truffle salt and sautéed onions and mushrooms to the ground meat
- Mix with a hand glove!
- shape in to patties about 1 inch thick and pat them down in rounds about the size of your palm
- Freeze for about 30 minutes to 1 hour (Note- If you wanted to make these ahead of time you can just leave them in a freezer and once fully frozen store in a ziplock bag. Just let them thaw a little before cooking. )
- They are ready for grilling ( I cooked these on the George Forman but an outdoor BBQ or a grill pan is also fine.
Cook for desired amount of time depending on how you like you meat;
3-4 minutes on each side
5-6 minutes on each side
Carmelized onions and mushrooms
1 onion slice thin
about 2 cups of sliced mushroom (I used shiitake , portabella and baby bella mushrooms)
3 tablespoons canola oil divided
1 tablespoon red cooking wine
1 tablespoon agave
add truffle salt and truffle oil to taste
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to a pan and add the onions on a high heat after a minute of sauteing reduce the fire to a medium heat and let onions carmelize without moving them for about 8 minutes
- add agave and red wine to the onions and let it cook for another five minutes
- when the onions look carmelized and ready put in a bowl
- add another 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and add the mushrooms
- leave mushrooms on a high heat to cook for about 6 minutes
- when the mushrooms look ready add the onions and as much truffle salt and truffle oil as you like.
This mixture can go on anything a salad,chicken and in this case a burger. Be careful you might just eat the whole mixture out of the pan with out even getting it on the burger!
This dressing is so simple and flavorful it’s going to be a staple in your home!
juice of 2 lemons
2 Tablespoon truffle oil
salt and pepper to taste
- whisk lemon juice, truffle oil salt and pepper and add it to your favorite salad!